The Women In Meat Industry Awards return tonight to the Royal Lancaster Hotel in London, with celebrity guest Jennie Bond to host the ceremony.
Attendees will have the opportunity to catch up with colleagues ahead of the black-tie dinner and awards ceremony at a sparkling drinks reception.
Guests will hear from broadcaster, journalist and royal correspondent Jennie Bond, who will host the Awards alongside Food Management Today publisher Graham Yandell MBE.
Jennie has extensive experience across the broadcasting industry, and her time as the BBC’s royal correspondent has left her with many anecdotes pertaining to the Royal Family’s activities. She has appeared on television as the voice of shows such as the Great British Menu and Rip Off Britain, and placed second on I’m A Celebrity: Get Me Out Of Here!.
Awards will be presented to the winners of 12 categories, including:
- Meat Businesswoman Award – Foodservice (catering butcher)
- Meat Businesswoman Award – Independent Retailing
- Meat Businesswoman Award – Multiple Retailing
- Meat Businesswoman Award – Manufacturing / Processing
- Meat Businesswoman Award – Craft Butchery
- Meat Businesswoman Award – Trade Body
- Meat Businesswoman Award – Wholesaling
- Meat Businesswoman Award – Poultry
- Meat Businesswoman Award – Training & Education
- Meat Businesswoman Award – Industry Supplier
- The Rising Star Award
Editor of Food Management Today, Joanna Thomson, said: “With a stunning, new five-star venue, I’m positive we’re in for an excellent evening celebrating the importance of women within the UK meat industry.
“Good food and good company will make for a fantastic night – one I’m sure will be remembered by all.”
To receive live updates during the ceremony, visit the ‘X’ (formerly Twitter) account @WIMIAwards and click follow.
With special thanks to the partners of the 2023 Women In Meat Industry Awards:
Event date and venue availability is subject to any ongoing Government rulings on public assembly and therefore the organisers reserve the right to make appropriate changes if required affecting the date or venue at their absolute discretion.